" Jennifer Parke Photography: Making Memories

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Making Memories

Every year my family gets together to bake Christmas cookies - LOTS and lots of Christmas cookies. The tradition began with my Grandmom and has continued through my Dad and my Aunt Barb and then onto my sisters and brother and our cousins. Today I got to share this tradition with my son.

Making literally hundreds of sugar cookies is fun, filling and frustrating! Every year we struggle to be creative and figure out new ways to decorate all of the cookies. We argue about the perfect thickness of the cookies, we tease each other about violating the rules of tradition cookie making. This tradition is one of my favorite things about Christmas and one of my favorite things about our crazy family!




Photobucket

No comments: